Notifications
Clear all

What do you like on Tales Tavern? What could be improved? What do you want to see added?  

Page 1 / 2

Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

Post here with any ideas, comments, kudos or input on the site.  Got something you like, let us know.  Got something you think could be better (ideally with how), post away.  Got something you think would be beneficial to add, lets hear it.

These should be things about TalesTavern.com, not TaleSpire itself.

15 Replies
Fomonomo
(@fomonomo)

Might be useful to broadly group slabs into something like 'areas' (finished boards / modules intended to be played on) vs 'pieces' (smaller slabs like bridges, docks, fountains, trees etc designed to be used as assets in your own build). There is probably a better name for each group, but you get what I mean.

Using the size tag already works for this to some degree but I don't think it's mutually exclusive.

Fomonomo
(@fomonomo)

Oh also being able to page through the slabs archive at the bottom of the page as well as the top of the page. Just a small quality of life update so I don't have to scroll back up to the top of the page when flipping through all the newest slabs

4 Replies
Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

@fomonomo Yeah, for the finished vs modules, yeah that's what a few of the tags are for under type (modular, etc) but definitely something I'm going to continue to think through how to get it done but not drive people crazy loading them with.

Oh, and for the paging, can you send me or post the url of the one without the paging at top and bottom? I was looking at archives and they were showing for me at both places but I probably am looking at a different place.

Fomonomo
(@fomonomo)

@mad-wizard sorry my mistake it was slab search not the slab archive ( https://talestavern.com/slab-search/)

Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

@fomonomo Check it now. Easy peasy

Fomonomo
(@fomonomo)

@mad-wizard you’re a saint 

Nimitzi
(@nimitzi)

Not sure if its feasible but it would be great to have viewer/users apply tags to slabs created by other creators, to help with searching especially as this is an international community and there may be different names for the same thing!

1 Reply
Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

@nimitzi Actually have some ideas on that front.  Not for every user but possibly adding admins/editors of some kind (not sure on criteria, etc).

Lex
 Lex
(@lex)

Slab Collections might be useful, so that you could categorize a selection of slabs together for users to view. Like a YouTube playlist.

So if a user is making a bunch of Curse of Strahd slabs, they could put them in their Curse of Strahd collection.

1 Reply
Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

@lex Yeah, working out some details.  I'm going to be loading all the TS assets in the site, then setting up collections so you can have collections of slabs, assets, or the combination. And they can be private (for your own use) or public (for everyone to view/search).   But keep the ideas coming.

Page 1 / 2