Notifications
Clear all

Temp Suggestion Section  

Page 1 / 2

143dolphinxx
(@143dolphinxx)

Hey thought this was sort of a needed one just a simple suggestion box with no specific ideal in mind just for the community to have as a general place to put ideas.

Topic Tags
17 Replies
143dolphinxx
(@143dolphinxx)

And with that my first suggestion, an actually suggestion section

1 Reply
Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

@143dolphinxx so how would it differ from say this section?  Just trying to envision it (especially since the forum is new and working to get activity).  

143dolphinxx
(@143dolphinxx)

Well like the special sections like general and building tips

master.flash455
(@master-flash455)

Even if this is a temp section a good new feature might be a night mode, dark modes I find are always a good choice for a website.

xxwaszupgangxx
(@xxwaszupgangxx)

Hey noticed that the tag system is a bit wack was wondering if that's going to get changed. I was thinking like a system that just looks for the word in the description,title,tags,etc. think that might work better.

1 Reply
Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

@xxwaszupgangxx in what way do you consider it wack?  The point of the system that's in place is so you can nail down what you want.  Just searching all fields and looking for text in the fields, won't let you filter down the same.  We're still going to be testing the categories of tags, but with just searching text in general you couldn't do something like "give me small city slabs" or "give me city houses", etc.  If you search text straight and put in city and house you'd get everything with a city OR a house (so wouldn't nail it down as much).

We had 5 categories of tags and going to be seeing if reducing to 3 helps or not but we'll see.  It's a work in progress and I know a fair amount about search (part of my business offers it as a service), and there are other options but they start to cost more (and since the site costs but doesn't have income i'm trying to keep costs lower).

But certainly let me know as I'm open to changing, we just literally changed the search yesterday and still have more to come (working on all the aliasing which is the other benefits is if you search tags they'll be more standardized than freeform text).

It's a balancing act between trying to make it more usable (finding exactly what you want) vs ease of use (and ease of entry).

Page 1 / 2