Notifications
Clear all

TaleSpire Building Competition - What do you think?  

Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

I want to run a building competition (or multiple) around TaleSpire.  My goal is to get some fun and some more community input working together (and they'd do the voting).  I'm thinking about possibly multiple categories.  I'm thinking not just a "coolest build" but more variety.  What do you think of for ideas?  Here's a few I came up with just to kick it off.

• Best Large Structure - With clipping
  • Best Medium Structure - without clipping
  • Most creative use of X, Y and Z in a small building (create a building but you must use specific pieces in it
  • Speed Build - Build with a time limit
  • Theme build - give a theme and everyone builds to that theme (will most likely be NOT an ordinary theme)
  • Best Tiny build
  • Most offbeat build (build something nobody expects)

Just some thoughts, what do you think?  Like the idea? got other ideas for categories?   

We could structure these all throughout a month or week or whatever timeframe and have a semi awards at the end, or do them one at a time with awards at the end of each.

All ideas are welcome so bring them on.

4 Replies
MallowOni
(@mallowoni)
Eminent Member

I'd say do each category one at a time so there's no competition for time/attention. The large and medium categories sound less interesting to me since that's the majority of what gets uploaded. Maybe move clipping to the most creative and no clipping to speed builds.

It would be fun to see a newbie build category but I have the feeling there aren't enough of those left.

Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

Yeah, I think it's going to take the interesting twists to make it more fair for those who aren't one of the top half dozen creators.

Nimitzi
(@nimitzi)

If you are looking at this long term, it might be interesting to have something similar to the effect of a gamejam where creaters have a limited time to create something, but often theres a theme or specific set of conditions for it. So it might be a combination of a few of your categories above such as speed, theme, size etc.

Another category could be having limited tile options or using the fewest different tiles (e.g. seeing what people can create when options are limited!)

I would love to see a newbie build category! Hehehe

Fomonomo
(@fomonomo)

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe you could start with a basic slab and have creators put their twist on it for most creative?