Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Introductions  

Page 1 / 9

Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

Care to know who your other TaleSpire fans are?  Feel free to post your introduction here.  No need to share details you don't want to, but let us know why you're here, what you enjoy, or anything else fun.

47 Replies
Mad Wizard
Admin
(@mad-wizard)

I am the Mad Wizard.  Founder of Tales Tavern, D&D Player since AD&D in 1978, Gamer and forever Geek.  I've played more video games, learned more programming languages, and spent more hours in fantasy worlds than I can count (or more than many of you have been alive).  Lately I don't have a ton of spare time so it's spent hanging with my family, playing D&D, or sometimes playing WOW or another MMORPG.

Personally I've been a programmer since my first Apple II+ and have run my own eCommerce development company since 1999.  Father of 4 boys, one of who helped me get this site going.

I hope TaleSpire becomes the next big thing in online tabletop gaming, and I'm glad you're here to share the ride.

Now who are all of you?

1 Reply
Gingerfeller
(@gingerfeller)

Well hello one and all, this was actually quite a difficult task for a technophobe like me. 

I'm gingerfeller and have just gotten back into Dnd after a bout 20 years off you know life kinda got in the way.

I have been playing again for about a year and our DM is having to move for work so I'm taking over the mantle, a new wordsmith if you will. 

Three of our group backed Talespire early and I wish I had the foresight they had. It looks amazing. 

So as you have to be in it to win it (and it is way better than the lottery) here I am..

Darkankh13
(@darkankh13)

Hi I'm Freyr. Started with 3E back in 90's, avid rpg pc player. I started a campaign on talespire and fell in love. I am here to help in anyway I can, even if its just offering advice and suggestions. I have others in my discord who own talespire and build their own worlds and encounters. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll ask them. Thanks for having me.

MallowOni
(@mallowoni)
Eminent Member

How did I miss this thread? Oh well.

Talespire was immediately exciting and I was counting the days until the launch. Now that it's here and I've gotten to use it, both as a player and a builder, it's just what I had hoped it would be. Being able to tell our stories with even more details & immersion is really exciting. I'm hoping once it's out of beta everyone will be able to find groups to experience it with. I haven't played D&D in...15-ish years but I'm really looking forward to getting back into it.

Aside from D&D I've only done a little bit of tabletop gaming, primarily Palladium/Robotech with a dash of BattleTech & Warhammer 40k. I've been a fan of video games ever since I found a Contra arcade at a rural gas station when I was a kid and now I probably appreciate them more than ever, not just for the fun factor but also for what they can teach us, how they can connect us, the amazing creativity they can showcase, and even the ever more powerful & portable ways we can play them. I've modified my Switch in just about every way I can. New shell for the joy-cons & tablet, re-shelled the dock so it's now super portable, installed custom firmware to turn it into a retro powerhouse, and I even picked up a portable monitor & power bank for it so I could literally sit in the middle of a deserted island and play my Switch.

Outside of gaming I am a bit of a hardware nerd even though I can't do as much of that as I want to anymore. There's no electronic device I own that I haven't modified in some way.

For less nerdy stuff I love music, and have a newfound interest in art & architecture. Check out the artists who are doing the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack if you want something to jam to that has a wide variety of genres. I'll attach a couple of pics of art & architecture that I'm into.

Or not. Looks like I can only attach one. Oh well, one is enough. Smile

A drifter with nothing to lose
(@A-drifter-with-nothing-to-lose)

Hey, I started playing D&D at the start of 5e and have been in love with table top games ever since. I saw talespire and thought it looked amazing. After trying it for an extended period of time I can't believe the amount of potential I see in the system. I can't wait for it to open up and expand to what I know it can be Smile

I'd currently be interested in building things in talespire with others as well as starting some other projects I have in mind

Page 1 / 9